Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Here comes the sun..."

This morning I woke up with the sun (which sounds impressive, but let me remind you that the sun rises around 8:30). This was the view from my window, and I couldn't resist taking a picture. 

Today has been an overall good day. I witnessed a beautiful city sunrise, attended two classes, met with Denise for an early birthday date because her schedule is too busy tomorrow, came home, met with my Danish class at this cute little cafe/restaurant, and did some homework. Once again, it's already midnight, and I have no idea what happened to the day. Back to this Cafe Night: My Danish Language & Culture class was given an address and a time. I stepped off the bus and met two girls headed to the same place, so we found it together. Luckily, it was easy to locate and close to where I live. I met some really nice people and the professor is wonderful. We ate traditional Danish sandwiches, and our professor told us that if we wanted to eat them the Danish way, we would use our knife and fork, which we all chose to do. When in Copenhagen... Doesn't quite have the ring to it that "when in Rome" does. My favorite had meatballs, red cabbage, and other veggies. I ordered my first beer here, and it completed the meal.

It doesn't feel like I have been in Copenhagen for only a week. I've gotten used to the buses, the bustle of the city, and even the language barrier. I am in love with the city, and I can't wait to be even more comfortable in it. I look forward to exploring more as well as learning Danish so that I don't have to stare at people blankly before shaking my head and apologetically saying, "Sorry...?" People mistake me for a Dane, but as soon as I open my mouth it's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment