Sunday, February 3, 2013

"Together in these white snows"

This week, I had my first day at the Danish children's after-school program. It was an eye-opening experience. I had fun, but the language barrier proved to be a challenge at times. I was with the youngest group of kids for the day. They were between the ages of six and ten, and although a few asked my name in English, that was the extent of what I could understand. We played some games and I was asked by many of the little girls to draw pictures for them. Pictures of Barbie. Now is a good time to tell you that I can't draw. At least not on command like that. I enjoy drawing in art class when I have an immense amount of time to draw and redraw, but I felt bad handing over these embarrassing excuses of drawings to the girls. Oh well, they didn't seem to mind. Most of them anyway...

On my walk home, I stopped by Hans Christian Andersen's grave again, and this time I had my camera along with me. Someone had left a note that I thought was definitely something special. 






No comments:

Post a Comment