Saturday, May 11, 2013

Some Updates

Well it has been a while. Part of my excuse is that I have had so many final papers to write, and the rest of my excuse is that I'm a little lazy. Anyway some quick updates as to what I've been up to...other than boring paper-writing.

1. Last Sunday I went to the DIS Picnic. It was kind of like a farewell get-together with food and games. The weather in the morning seemed promising, but as soon as we got to the site the clouds rolled in. It still wasn't too bad though, warm but cloudy.




2. Later that Sunday I went to the airport to pick up Felicity, a family friend from England that I hadn't seen for about eight years. It was great to see her! And very hard to say goodbye. Tim joined us for drinks in Nyhavn and then we wandered the city for a little bit before returning to the hotel. The next day we went back to the airport to meet my parents! I was so excited to see them after four months. Also, I must add that I greeted everyone like a true Dane with little Danish flags at the arrival gate. I fit right in. We didn't do a whole lot for the three days that they were here, but we ate a lot of good food and chatted a lot. They left on Wednesday and my parents, who went to Sweden, will be back on Thursday to pick up Tim and I to go back to Sweden. I can't wait to go visit everyone!

3. On Wednesday evening I went to a small reception for an award I had applied for. It's called the Intercultural Leadership Award and it's based on immersion during the past semester, explained through a brief application and a short essay. I was a finalist so I went to this meeting to receive the letter of recommendation and honors cord for graduation. It was nice to chat with the other finalists afterward, especially since I only really knew one of them. The only downside to the reception was that they had originally told us that it was in another building and after getting very confused, not finding the room, checking my email and finding a correction email did I find the correct room...about five minutes late, resulting in me walking into a room of people listening to the woman who had already started talking about the award. Whoops! She was very nice though, and it was fine.

4. On Thursday I went to my visiting family's summerhouse in Næstved, a town on the water about an hour south of Copenhagen. It was very nice and relaxing, and it reminded me of my aunt and uncle's summerhouse on Öland in Sweden that we go to every summer. It made me even more excited to head over to Sweden on Thursday. I only stayed one night, but it was perfect. We walked by the water and bought ice cream, and we even had a little bit of sun on Friday!



The summerhouse



Bixie and Baya

No comments:

Post a Comment