Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Complete Opposite of Spring

Happy first day of spring, here's a snowstorm! Today is the 20th of March, the first day of spring, only eleven days until April. What are you thinking of? Green grass? Sunshine? Maybe even some flowers blooming? I bet you weren't thinking of snow, heaps of it. And of all days to have a walking tour for a field study, it was today. To look on the bright side though, rain would have been much worse than snow. Quick note to make this even more upsetting: my parents are in the Bahamas. I'm so jealous! But I hope they're having a fantastic time.
For my Hans Christian Andersen class we had a walking tour through certain places in the city that HC Andersen visited and lived when he was here. It was really interesting to see, but I have to admit the wind and the cold were sometimes a little distracting.
I spent the rest of my day relaxing in the warmth of my room and writing a fairy tale for this same class. The assignment was rather open, and the gist of the professor's guidelines was to write a short story or fairy tale inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's writing. I really enjoy writing fiction, and I'm quite happy with the result. It's simplistic and a quick read, but it's pretty cute, if I do say so myself. If you feel like reading some more (I apologize for the lack of pictures in this post), here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment